Meelup Beach Busselton Dash
24 February 2013
START/FINISH: Busselton/Meelup Beach Dash
To all competitors, the start of the Busselton/Meelup Beach Race will be as follows;
- All drivers will stand alongside their craft in knee deep water with the engines in idle mode, all in a straight line along the beach.
- All Co-Drivers (Deckies) will stand in a straight line, 100 metres up the beach behind their relevant craft.
- The start marshall will start the race and all Co-Drivers will race down to their craft and both the driver and co-driver will jump into their craft and commence the race.
- NOTE: 10hp standard class will start first followed by the 10hp sports class 5 minutes later.
- All craft will be timed as they finish at Meelup Beach. The finish line description to be determined by the race director.
- When all craft have arrived at Meelup Beach safely, they will re-start in the same manner as at Busselton Jetty.
- Again all will be timed from start to finish.
- The results will be the combination of the start and finish from both legs.
- Please note that the scrutineering will be vigilent in order that all craft are safe and fit for purpose, (the Race).
Mast and Flag
Each craft entered in an ocean Event shall have a mast, the top of which shall be a minimum of two metres above the gunwales. It shall be firmly and securely attached to the boat and shall be sufficiently rigid to have no more than one metre of movement at its top. Attached to the top of this mast shall be a flag that is red or orange in colour. The flag may be rectangular or pennant shaped and shall measure not less than 600mm x 400mm.
Please stay after the race as the WCDRC will be inviting any spectators to have-a-go in the boats and we need your help in the way of using your boats.
There will be the two formula 15 boats for all to try along with the jet-board.
This event is being advertised in the local paper, sports section and is a perfect opportunity to encourage new members to the club, so stick around and have some fun!
Kicking off from the Busselton Jetty, participants will race to Meelup Beach and then back to the Busselton Jetty.
The Estimated start time of the race is 8am. We recommend that all boats be at the Busselton Jetty by 6am ready for scrutineering to begin 1 hour before the event.
View a map of the course here.
Download your Event Application. Entry Fees are $70.00 per craft. Payment can be made in advance by EFT or on the day in Cash.
The City of Busselton have very kindly advertised our event in their Annual Calendar of Events publication which was distributed recently. Take a moment to read through the events going on this year in the beautiful South-West region.
A two hour drive south of Perth lies the sheltered shores of Geographe Bay. Voted one of the top 10 places to visit in the world by Lonely Planet, the region is famed for its breathtaking natural beauty. Home to the vibrant seaside towns of Busselton, Dunsborough and Yallingup, 30kms of pristine, white sandy beaches fringe the renowned Margaret River Wine Region to create the perfect holiday playground.
Visit geographebay.com for a comprehensive accommodation, tour and transport booking service, information on the best things to do and see in the region and your free Visitor Guide and map.